Thank you for your interest in the HealthShare Credit Union Scholarship Program. We are offering 4 financial scholarships of $1,000 each to deserving seniors in area high schools who have decided to pursue higher education in an accredited two- or four-year post-secondary institution.
Eligibility: The applicant must be a member and have their own account with HealthShare Credit Union and be a high school senior. The applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0, and he/she must expect to be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in an accredited college or university (two- or four-year program) during the coming school year.
Application process: Applicants will be evaluated by the HealthShare Credit Union Scholarship Program selection committee based on the following criteria:
- Letter of recommendation. Your application packet should include a letter of recommendation from a teacher (past or present).
- Demonstrated academic ability. You must submit your most current NC high school transcript, including GPA (a minimum GPA of 3.0 is required). A photocopy is acceptable.
- Demonstrated writing ability. You should submit an original essay on the topic listed in the application.
- School activities. List all school activities in which you have been involved and be sure to list any leadership positions held. Explain which activity was most important to you and why.
- Community activities: List all community activities you have been involved in and leadership positions. Explain which activity was most important to you and why.
Once the application is completed and signed, send all requested items (application, transcript, letter of recommendation and essay) together in one package. Applications will not receive consideration if incomplete, if documentation is missing, or if documentation arrives in separate mailings.
The application and requested documentation must be received no later than December 31, 2022 in our office at The Moses H. Cone Memorial Hospital, 1200 N. Elm Street, Greensboro, NC 27401. You will be notified on or before March 3, 2023 if you have won a scholarship. You will be expected to attend the annual meeting of the Credit Union March 16, 2023, where you will be recognized.
Non-winners will not be notified.
If you have questions, contact: Genice DeCorte at
*Scholarship is not open to HSCU directors, volunteers and their immediate families.